Why and How Often You Should Visit an Auto Repair Shop for Part Replacement Services
Welcome to the blog of European Auto Performance Inc! The subject of our first article will be the need for regularly replacing the main parts of your car. We will explain how often you should do that and how to find out whether something should be changed.
1. Tires – every 6 to 10 years, you should consider changing the tires of your vehicle. The lifespan of a tire strongly depends on your stile of driving, the meteorological conditions, and the mileage.
2. Engine and other belts – it is important to change the engine belt every 36,000 miles or 3 years(whichever occurs first). The timing belt should be changed every 60-90 thousand miles. So, make sure not to delay the replacement and visit our auto repair shop in Cupertino CA today.
3. Battery – if you are having trouble starting the engine and can hear how the starter is rotating slower, this might mean a battery problem. However, if you bought the battery more than 5 years ago, it is probably time to change it.
4. Filters and oil – it is recommended that you change the air and the oil filter of your vehicle once a year. Keep in mind that when the oil filter is changed, you also need to change the oil. The fuel filter should also be changed regularly. However, if the mileage your car passes isn’t that big, you can replace it every two years.
5. Brake pads and fluid – when it comes to brakes, you shouldn’t leave anything to chance. If there is something wrong with the brake system, this might cause serious problems and endanger you. So, make sure to visit our Cupertino CA based auto repair shop right away. If you mention you found us on Google, you will get a free brake inspection!
6. Transmission fluid – if it is not regularly changed, you will have serious problems with the gearbox and the clutch. That is why you should always make sure that the viscosity of the fluid in the transmission system is good.